Dynamic entrepreneurial company Vlinvesta presents ‘Bistro La Corbeille’. A state-of-the-art restaurant on the La Corbeille site in Westmeerbeek, where a brand new business park is now emerging. Bistro La Corbeille offers a modern, open kitchen with daily fresh and fair products, all in an industrial setting with hints of the former factory industry.
Vlinvesta explores new opportunities and invests in entrepreneurs and companies seeking to develop sustainably. This restaurant fits perfectly into this vision and represents a partnership with an ambitious future.
We are looking for a motivated sous chef to strengthen our kitchen team.
As sous chef, you are jointly responsible for the daily running of the kitchen and dishes under the supervision of the chef. You assist in preparing the mise-en-place and are jointly responsible for stock management. In addition, you help ensure the correct rules regarding hygiene, food safety, and quality requirements and strive for optimal company profitability.
You ensure good collaboration and smooth communication between the waitstaff and the kitchen team. You have a positive attitude and actively contribute to a good work environment.
- Mise-en-place and preparing dishes according to recipe sheets.
- Monitoring stock and identifying any shortages (stock management).
- Checking the delivered services or products.
- Oversee the preparation of dishes under the supervision of the chef.
- Execute the dressing and arrangement of plates, and apply the necessary controls.
- Checking compliance with working procedures and hygiene and food safety rules (FASFC).
- Checking foodstuffs for freshness and preparation.
- Help coordinate daily running.
- Keeping an eye on the profitability of the business
- A degree is less important, but kitchen experience is a must.
- You are fluent in Dutch.
- You have a sense of precision.
- You can follow rules and honour agreements.
- You can work independently.
- You are very flexible.
- You are a team player and contribute to a positive working environment.
- You can clearly and enthusiastically delegate tasks to students and flexi ‘s, without relinquishing your own responsibilities.
- You are stress-resistant and show initiative.
- You are disciplined.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are willing to roll up your sleeves.
- A varied job with flexible working hours.
- Training and growth opportunities.
- Full-time permanent contract.
- Day work, evening work, weekend work.
- You can expect a correct remuneration.