DuraConstruct is a Design & Build contractor that does not merely fill in takeoffs or start building according to the execution plans drafted by an external architect or engineer. We rely on thorough work preparation in 3D and engineer our projects in-house. We strongly believe that the industrialisation of the construction process is the only way to maintain sustainable and affordable construction and are therefore strongly committed to it. We prefer to build using prefab to keep lead times on our sites as short as possible.
DuraConstruct is B2B-oriented and builds mainly for investors and property developers. Projects are residential (apartments) and industrial (retail spaces/offices). We are part of the VLINVESTA family. It means we have a solid and healthy financial basis for growing and taking on large projects.
We are looking to strengthen our engineering and project preparation team. We do not believe in the traditional business structure of construction companies with a strict separation between estimation/purchasing/implementation. The most significant added value is created by applying knowledge from the preparatory phase to execution and vice versa. Therefore, we are looking for someone with sufficient technical knowledge of construction to help secure new projects and ensure good preparation of the projects during execution. It means you will be involved in a project from calculation to completion.
- As a planner, you are the common thread throughout our business process. From calculation to delivery. A good calculation starts with a clear model that you help shape.
- Together with the BIM modeller, you simulate various technical alternatives in the 3D model to achieve the most optimal solutions.
- You are cost-conscious and know different construction methods’ prices and technical prerequisites.
- You determine the cost price of the construction you designed in 3D. You do this using our integrated and automated calculation module. You calculate as it were, in 3D.
- For ongoing projects, you develop a more detailed model based on which we guide our partners/suppliers. You do this in close consultation with the BIM modeller, project manager, client, architect, suppliers, and subcontractors. Here too, you always look for the most optimal solution and optimise the used construction method based on the feedback you receive from the site.
- You know your qualities and are not afraid to speak up.
- You are an engineer at heart and derive satisfaction from continuously seeking the best solution. To this end, you engage in dialogue with contractors/suppliers.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, but experience, drive, and knowledge prevail over a degree.
- You have an initial experience/affinity with BIM and knowledge of Revit or are willing to learn.
- You are experienced as a calculator but are interested in more than just entering unit prices in an Excel sheet.
- You will join a young, dynamic and stable company where you will actively contribute to our ambitious growth plans.
- You are never too old to learn, additional training/education will be provided.
- Competitive salary package
- Extra-legal benefits.
- Flexible working hours.